Baker Academic

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Very, Very Simple Introduction to the Gospels

As you know, Dr. Peter Enns is a very, very simple person. So as my gift to him, I gave golden nuggets, frankenberry, and mere basics. If you haven't yet followed the Bible for Normal People podcast, maybe start here:

https://thebiblefornormalpeople.podbean.com/e/episode-29-anthony-le-donne-the-gospels-as-memories-of-jesus/

The pod is hosted by Pete and Jared Byas (Jared's solo podcasts are my favorite) and they interview really impressive people like Jon Levenson, Beverly Gaventa, and Walter Brueggemann. I am thrilled be be included if only to bring a bit more normal to the normalcy.

We start by discussing Mark's multiple endings. We reflect on the fact that there are four canonical Gospels rather than one official story about Jesus. I also talk a bit about how human memory reconstructs our perceptions of the past via story-telling.

-anthony


1 comment:

  1. Haha. I don't think that's a compliment :) Hey, I listened to his podcast with you (Anthony). I'm digging what you're laying down. Good stuff. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete